I like to use affirmations to amplify other change-making tools. The 8 affirmations in this post, used together or alone, can help you supercharge your health commitments.
These 8 affirmations are written as declarative, action-oriented, thought-provoking affirmations with explanatory back-up statements. You are invited to rewrite them in any way that works for you.
While some of the affirmations in this list may seem more relevant than others, they are interrelated and are designed to flow together and support each other. If you choose to use them all together as a set, begin with number 1, and repeat the statements in the order provided. When you’re done with number 8, start again with number 1. You can also repeat certain “loops” within the flow. For example, if giving and receiving feedback effectively is a challenge for you, you may feel guided to repeat numbers 4 and 5 several times before continuing on with number 6.
Feel free to use these affirmations along with any of your personal meditation practices and in combination with your favorite meditation tools. I’ve found that affirmations work especially well when combined with aromatherapy, acupressure, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), and various mindfulness meditation techniques.
- I take responsibility. I am in charge of my health. I am responsible for my actions and their outcomes. I celebrate my power to influence my future health outcomes.
- I leverage my strengths. I embrace my strengths. I am good at _____ and ______. I let my strengths guide my choices. My choices support my health.
- I apply appropriate effort. My efforts and activities are guided by my goals. I make progress as I fulfill my goals. I celebrate my progress.
- I connect with the positive. I attract and associate with others who are positive, growth-oriented, and successful. I think positive thoughts. I say positive things. I view my health in a positive light.
- I welcome feedback. I request feedback from others so I can enhance my performance. I respect other’s views. I progress more quickly when I am aware of others’ perceptions.
- I recognize opportunities. I am open to new opportunities to grow, learn, connect, and be well. I recognize opportunities to support my best health. I recognize when new opportunities are right for me.
- I embrace change. I accept change as part of my personal growth and progress. I am grateful for positive changes no matter how small. I am grateful for all changes that show me how to reframe, refine, and refocus my efforts.
- I ask for help. I request assistance when I need it. I have an active support system. I am grateful my needs are met.
You might also try using these affirmations along with your written commitment to best health. Whenever you see the displayed hard copy of your commitment to best health, it can serve as a reminder of Affirmation #1 in the super-charging sequence: I take responsibility. You can use that as a gateway into repeating the entire sequence or any portion of it.
Commitments that are supported by positive affirmations are actively and intentionally acknowledged in your daily life. Affirmations can help you fully honor and integrate your commitment to best health.Affirmations can help you fully honor and integrate your commitment to best health.Click To Tweet
How are you using these (or other) affirmations in your life or to support your health? Please leave your comments below.
Last updated: 6-28-2020